Soul goes winners dog in Dallas on Friday for his first point.
Archive for the ‘Hot Papillon News’ Category
BISS CH Forevr Errol Flynn goes Best of Breed on the tough Florida winter circuit.
The judges comments were… that he really iked the way Flynn stops foursquare with all four feet screwed to the ground. I think that is a nice testament to his structure.
From the Forevr Papillons, Danny & Ruth Ann
We send you Cheers for the Holidays & 2008 (please look below at our holiday letter.)
December 22, 2007
Ruth Ann spent a good portion of 2007 showing Finnish Import Am Can Fn Champion Connection Rolls Royce for Salwa Alfadl of Alfa Papillons. Ruth Ann and Luka (Rolls Royce) shared many great adventures and met some really wonderful people along the way. They flew or drove many to states in the
, shared a glorious trip with Salwa to US Manchester for Crufts, and had quite an adventure in England Ontario . Canada for the birth of their first grandchild Kylie Leeann. In between dog shows RA has really enjoyed getting the time to watch Kylie grow from an infant to child this past year. Texas
- January blew into February and Ruth Ann had a wonderful time in the Big Apple where Luka was shown at the pre-Westminster Papillon specialties and at
. Luka showed like a dream at Westminster, he was the first dog to make the judges cut and was in consideration for an Award of Merit. At the last minute a famous face was pulled up from behind… Such is life in the dog world! It is Westminster ! – it was a thrill just being there. Westminster
- Late February Danny and Luka flew to the Metropolitan Area Papillon Specialty where they enjoyed winning the first Award of Merit. On the tails of a nice win, Luka was put on a plane back to Finland the very next day where he reunited with his breeder Vesa Toivanen, of Connection to complete the last leg of his journey and a ride with de Costalina of Belguim to Crufts.
- Crufts in March was embraced with great enthusiasm. Ruth Ann met many faces she knew only from email and was introduced to some really nice folks from all over the world. It was a thrill when Luka won the huge open dog class under a much esteemed breeder Judge Mr. David Roe of Sunshoo Papillons. A fun after Crufts evening was spent at the pub with Carolyn Allward-Chebseyof Lorah’s Papillons, UK. Salwa and RA were invited to spend an afternoon with Mr & Mrs Banfield of Kingshaven Papillons, UK. A look at their fine dogs and a good Papchat was a lot of fun and we found much in common to talk about.
- April could certainly be considered the highlight of our year. Danny officiated at the Papillon Club of America’s National Specialty show, as Sweepstakes Judge. It was such an honor for him to have been picked by his peers to judge their young Papillons. He found the experience to be great fun and RA says the exhibitors seemed too really like his judging procedure, his soft hand on the puppies as well as we heard only good things about his selections. The whole time they were at National, RA was also on baby call with her cell phone in her pocket at all times.
- Just a few days after the completion of national on April 23rd we embraced our 2nd Granddaughter Brooke Rosalind for the first time. Ruth Ann was with her daughter Terryse and helped coach her through the delivery. RA’s experience of whelping many litters through the years certainly helped her to prepare for the moment. Still… Nothing can take away the emotion of watching the miracle of a grandchild’s birth.
- In May Danny traveled back to the NE to pick up an RV which we had been saving for and purchased. It is 36 feet long with a pull out. Enough space for two adults and a bunch of fluttering butterfly dogs. Unfortunately that trip met with a knee injury and Danny ended up staying through the summer at our home in
going to doctors, while RA spent her time in Pennsylvania with most of the dogs and her kids. San Antonio, Texas
- July came and RA, Luka and his son Yule, Forevr Alfa Yuletide Memories, boarded a plane from
to Texas Ontario for shows and a Canadian title for Luka. While there Luka won Best of Breed everyday and he won the Toy Group two of the four days. He was looked at very carefully for Best In Show those two days, but that wasn’t to be. Yule won the puppy toy group and earned Best in Show Puppy at one of the shows. We were most happy to get acquainted with Deborah Mouton of Jaymar Papillons. The thrill of Victory in Canada will always be a treasured memory. Canada
Soon after our trip AM Ch Forevr Cary Grant became a Canadian.
- The heat of summer quickly changed into the cool winds of fall. Danny at that time was still at home while the township our where our PA home is located in put in a new sewage facility. This meant they dug through our property in two different places, both times the construction works dug with backhoes down the middle of our upper and lower driveways. We were so glad Danny was on hand to look after the property during this time.
- While Danny was caring for the PA home, Ruth Ann in TX with her mother started looking at property in Spring Branch, just (North of the City of San Antonio). RA decided upon .66 acres nestled in the beautiful Texas Hill Country just a few miles away from the homes of both grand children and quite near Canyon Lake. The property somewhat developed has water, electricity and sewage. It only awaits a house to be officially deemed as their home Forevr South.
- Back at home in Pennsylvania the leaves are glorious in the Alleghenies as Danny’s parents planned for their 55th wedding anniversary party. On December 2nd Danny had the honor of giving away his mother and watched his parents declare eternal love while renewing their vows. As the year heads towards the holidays the
property closed December 6th. Texas
- At the time of writing this letter Danny is finally making that RV road trip to
and promises he will be here by Christmas Eve. Here by the way is at Gina Gilmore’s Jaztyme Papillons a longtime friend of RA’s. It is with sincere thanks to Gina who has opened her home and kennel to Forevr for the past year. We also want to thank Luka’s owner Salwa Alfadl of Alfa papillons for making this years journey grand. Texas
- At Forevr we have enthusiasm for 2008 and dream of it being a great year. Our goals are to continue showing and breeding great Papillons, for our online business to grow. To remain united with our close breed friends, work on the property in
as well as complete the major plumbing requirements in Texas for the required hooking on to the townships new sewage facility. Our most important goal is to watch our beautiful granddaughters grow. Pennsylvania
- Together or separate we are still Forevr… Danny & Ruth Ann
MACH Forevr Energy Burst RN “Joule” is the YOUNGEST MACH in PAPILLON history (1 year 11months).
This information is based on Betsey Lynch’s MACH LIST…
ALL Breeds… she is tied in 2nd place literally to the day with Paulena Rena Hope (BC-Silversage’s Ever So Clever), 1st place is Robin Kletke (BC-Hillcrest’s Vixen).
Joule is loved, owned and trained by Laura Simonelli.
Joules parents are AM CH Forevr Buck Rogers and AM CH Forevr A Scarlet Vixen
Thanks so much Laura!!!
On Saturday, Genie, Forevr Time In A Bottle took Winners Bitch, Best Of Winners and Best of Opposite Sex for a 3 point Major, at the Tri-Cities Cluster under Judge Virginia F Buchanan!!! First Major and first points!!
Genie is co owned by Karla Tramel, Fresco Papillons,WA State USA
We wish Karla the very best of luck and hope the next 12 points just fly by…
Just a quick note to let you know both Rockette and Jigs (we call him
Boogaard after a great hockey player here) both got their first point
while we were in Marquette, MI. I will send you pics when I get them.